Traditionally Published Authors:
Thank you for your interest in having your book on the shelves of Curiouser Books. If your book has been published by an established publisher that we order from on a regular basis, and we decide to order it, we will purchase it directly from that publisher.
If that is the case, you are welcome to send us a notification of publication to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do accept review copies. You can send those to
324 E Main St
Montrose, CO 81401
Because of the number of books received, we are unable to return review copies to authors.
We welcome self-published authors to consign their books at the store, but we do not accept books published by Amazon.
If your book is self-published or not readily available through our normal wholesalers (or on Ingram), is not something we would typically stock, or is only available on a non-returnable basis, we offer you the opportunity for us to sell it on a consignment basis. On consignment, the book remains the property of the consignor until sold. Curiouser Books is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged merchandise. If you would like your book considered for our shelves, please follow our consignment guidelines:
1. Send a one-paragraph letter including your contact information, book title, ISBN, and price information, along with promotional materials, publicity plans, target audience, and any connections to the Montrose area. This should all be emailed to email@example.com
2. Upon acceptance (sent via email) complete the Consignment Agreement which will be sent to you.
3. Our standard consignment terms are 40% discount (ie 60% of the sale going to the author, 40% paid to the store) and we keep consigned books a minimum of 90 days.
4. Author payments are made quarterly (December, March, June, and September).
5. It is the author's responsibility to pick up books after the agreement is complete and to restock if books sell during the consignment agreement term. If you'd like an update on how your book is doing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and allow up to 3 business days for a response.
We are proud to support local authors through our consignment program. We do our best to provide shelf space for consignment books, while still keeping in mind our inventory needs and the interests of our customers. We look forward to reviewing your work and thank you for your interest in Curiouser Books.
Questions? Email email@example.com We do not accept phone calls for consignment questions. Thank you! We look forward to working with you!
How can I host a signing or event?
Curiouser Books just opened on August 1st, 2023 and we won't be ready to start hosting events until early 2024.
More info on author events will be coming early 2024.
Get your book on the shelves
We are planning to host events for authors who are already on our shelves. Please apply to have your book brought in on consignment first.
Let us know
If we already carry your book (via buying it from the publisher or having it on consignment) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you're interested in an author event.